Sunday, October 25, 2009

Article #3 Proposal: Stopping Global Warming

For my third article I want to write about the concept of stopping global warming. It is true that some people don't believe in global warming at all, but for this paper I am going to take the side of the people who do believe that global warming exists. I am going to write about the things that we as individuals can do to stop global warming down to the littlest steps like turning your television off when you leave the room. If you know any people who I could contact for this paper it would greatly help. I could talk to some of my professors seeing as I am an environmental studies student and my professors would know alot about this topic. I don't think I would talk to anyone who doesn't believe in global warming seeing as they probably wouldn't help much with my article!
A possible lede could be..
Although the concept of global warming is constantly being questioned, it is true that we as humans can treat our mother earth alot better than we do. There are little things that we can do individually to help prevent our earth from being polluted, depleted and increasing in temperature. Who knows what could happen if the temperature of the earth does warm and our ice caps melt. Storms are becoming stronger, droughts are lasting longer and air quality is causing illness in many countries.

1 comment:

  1. Dayna, there are many people you could talk to. We can talk on Tuesday. Aside from listing the various things people can do, you should assess their relative effectiveness so readers will know which steps do the most to curb global warming. Bring in a printout of your proposal.

    ReplyDelete